Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Blog of the Week May 21, 2006

Someone who deserves recognition this week is a fairly new blogger. His name is Kevin and his blog is Acme Instant Food. Kevin has a flair for describing his dishes so that you can almost taste the deliciousness. He's creative but unpretentious in the foods he concocts. I'm quite envious of his abilities in the kitchen and the fabulous get togethers he throws. So much so that I wish I lived in Los Angeles with the hopes of being invited to one of his parties. =)

Kevin is also a great storyteller and he's someone who can joke about himself without coming off as self-conscious. I can tell he's comfortable in the kitchen and truly enjoys entertaining. A kindred spirit of sorts. When you read his blog you'll be pleasantly surprised that he sounds as if he's been blogging about his culinary creations for years and years and not someone who just started his blog a little over a month ago. He impressed me so much that his is the one and only blog that after reading for the very first time, I immediately added to my favorite blogs to read list (and this was just after his first post, I believe). I look forward to his posts very much and am always happy when he posts something new, which is quite often.

Not only does he blog about his own cooking, but he tunes you in to some cool places to hang out in L.A. For me, coming from all the way across the country, I like hearing about these places, the people who frequent them and the foods they serve. Hey, you never know.. one day I might just visit L.A. and I'll definitely need to know where to go, yes?!

Here's a deserving salute to Kevin and Acme Instant Food - may your blogging fun last for a very long time to come! :D

Labels:

Comments on "Blog of the Week May 21, 2006"

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (5/21/2006 2:20 PM) : 

Wow! I'm so honored. I don't know what to say. I've never been an "of the week" anything before. I feel your blog is a touchstone for other bloggers so your comments are very well-received. Thanks for the very complimentary and fun posting!

Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm on a brief cooking vacation. Tonight, the gang is taking me to Mastros (awesome steak house) for a ginormous filet from the gods, onion rings worthy of an animal sacrifice, and a giant glass of good whiskey to wash it down with.
Come on out to L.A. and we'll save you a seat, and a nice 20 year-old scotch too!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/21/2006 4:00 PM) : 

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a blast tonight! Looking forward to hearing about it! =)

 

Blogger Laura Rebecca said ... (5/21/2006 5:32 PM) : 

Yay on honoring Kevin's blog! It's so much fun (as is yours)!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/21/2006 11:12 PM) : 

Laura Rebecca - I agree.. love reading what he's been up to! And thank you for such a nice compliment.. likewise to you and your blog =)

 

post a comment