Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Girls' Game Day Funfest II

Today was my turn to host the second Girls' Game Day FunFest at my house. I was so excited.. company! Yay! Someone to talk to that doesn't have 4 legs, bad breath and isn't covered in fur! WOO!

Before we started the festivities at my humble abode, we decided to go catch the Da Vinci Code at the local theater. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and see what all of the hullabaloo was about and purchased the book last week. Unfortunately, I only got through about 1/2 of it before the movie today. I'm not an extremely religious person, but I'm fascinated with religion in history. Although this is a tale of fiction, it does contain a lot of facts regarding mathematics, art and, of course, religion. For as far as I got into the book I was enjoying it because I had learned a few things I didn't know about.. Phi and some symbolism that I'd seen my whole life but didn't know what they meant. Da Vinci's art, although familiar with a couple paintings, I didn't know about the many others (my book is the illustrated copy) and I found them to be beautiful. The story was so-so, I'm not a big fan of how Mr. Brown jumps from one scene to the other.. I know it is suppose to make for good reading.. keeps the reader enthralled and all that, but that shit just frustrates me. lol Anyhoo.. the movie.. eh? It was okay.. nothing to write home about.. I was pissed about the ending. I won't spoil it for those of you who want to see it or want to read the book. Just suffice to say that for all that drama, I was expecting something else at the end.. I don't know exactly what, but something different for sure.

Okay.. enough with the movie/book review, on with the best part of the day! We came back to my house for food and more Scene-It (Mindy is addicted) along with much laughter and silliness. So fun. =) For this month's Funfest, I decided to make Brown Sugar Smokies - a lil muncher I wrote about when I first started this lil blog o'mine. I reposted it below, this time with crapcam pictures! How exciting is that? Mmm Hmm. I also made a tortellini salad, but I'm saving it for one of my entries for this month's WCC #6.

Finally, I made these lil cheesy sausage snackers that I concocted for my house warming party a couple years ago, they were a hit, so they've become one of my "go to" appetizer recipes. Savory, creamy and crunchy.. they are the perfect little snacker to serve at any kind of get together, be it a cocktail party or a Funfest with the gals. ;)

Sausage Snackers cu
Cheesy Sausage Snackers

1 lb. Bob Evans' original sausage, bulk package
4-5 green onions, sliced thinly
4 oz. cream cheese
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 pkgs. Athens' Mini Fillo Cups (30 cups in all)

Preheat oven to 375ยบ F.

In a large skillet, brown sausage. Add onion and cream cheese, stirring constantly until cheese has melted. Add cheddar cheese and continue to heat through until the cheddar has just melted.

Spoon 1 TBS. of the sausage mixture into a mini fillo cup, arranging filled cups on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.

Sausage Snackers

Labels:

Comments on "Girls' Game Day Funfest II"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/06/2007 10:44 AM) : 

Great sounding recipe. I'm going to try them for the holidays. Quick question. Do you bake the pastry cups before adding the pork/chesse mixture or just put the mixture in the "raw" pastry cups? gr8turky@aol.com. Thanks

 

Anonymous Anne said ... (5/09/2013 6:32 PM) : 

If I can't find Bob Evan's sausage, what am I looking for? Breakfast sausage? Sweet Italian sausage? Something else? Just made the London Broil recipe and it was SO good I had to see what else you have out here. I am totally full and yet it smells so good I want to somehow eat MOAR! :}

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/10/2013 3:42 PM) : 

Hi Anne,

Yep your looking for breakfast sausage. :) At least that's what I always use.. if you are an "all sausage" lover, you could experiment with different varieties. :)

I'm so happy you enjoyed the LB! I hope you like these too.. I'm still addicted to them after all these years. :D

Lis
xoxo

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/10/2013 3:43 PM) : 

I mean you're. *blush*

 

post a comment