Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Monday, July 10, 2006

My Gawd, it's almost done...

Yesterday Hubbs finished building the fence. OH. MY. GOD. Three weeks and it's finally all up and looking glorious! Not only did he get this thing built pretty much by himself, but he also worked on the pond and mulched all the beds. He has been a very busy man. I've been with him every step of the way, but truly, I can't take much credit as I was basically just his helper and someone to keep him company while he worked on the fence. He did a most beauteous job, it looks gorgeous. The only things left are to stain it and install the 2 gates. As for the pond, we ran out of stone for bordering it and the waterfall is not built, pretty much for the same reason. We've decided to make the waterfall from the same flat stones/slate as the border, so hopefully another weekend or two will finish that up. I don't recall what I was doing last night, maybe making dinner or brushing out the dogs.. but while I was inside for a bit, he got creative and spruced up the area around the pond.. it looks so cute! Our office is decorated in a nautical theme, so he snuck in here and took a couple items to hang on his new fence. Then he ran lighted rope underneath the rocks and surprised me with it once it got dark last night. I'm so happy these projects are finally looking to be almost done.

Here are a few pictures.. the rest you can see on my Flickr account, just click on one of these pics to take you there.

The almost finished pond

Old Deck, new fence

Pond lit up

Fence West Side

PS - Today is the start of my vacation, so I promised Hubbs to make new dishes for dinner all this week. I've picked a bunch from the Cooking Light Annual Recipes book to decide if I'll be keeping it. Verdict will be Friday! :D

Labels:

Comments on "My Gawd, it's almost done..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/10/2006 9:08 AM) : 

It looks awesome!

 

Blogger Laura Rebecca said ... (7/10/2006 11:23 AM) : 

Wow -- it does look awesome! (Will your husband come to NY and build a fence for our new house? ;)

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (7/10/2006 11:29 PM) : 

looking beautiful! :)

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (7/11/2006 12:42 AM) : 

As soon as the very last board is nailed into place, you should lean over the fence and give the neighbor kids a good, long pppbbtttttfffffttttt!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (7/11/2006 6:30 AM) : 

Emily - Thanks dear =)

LR - If you supply the beer, he'll be on his way! lol

Ali - Thanks sweetie!

Kevin - That lil fakker is actually still terrorizing the dogs from behind the fence. Hubbs was just bitchin' yesterday because he couldn't figure a way to sound-proof the fence. Anndd.. the lil brat can see us through the small spaces and will try to get our attention if we are in the yard. Gah.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/11/2006 10:15 AM) : 

That looks brilliant - and I love the shot of Nigel sniffing around in front of the pond ;) Congrats on having the fence all done!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (7/11/2006 3:21 PM) : 

Me too Ellie.. it's one of my favorite pictures! :D

 

post a comment