Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Blogger Postcards from the World or simply: EEK!

Holy comoly! It was just yesterday that I realized, after reading Ivonne's post, that I did not get a postcard for Meeta's Blogger Postcards from the World event!

Granted, I've been a lil under the weather (as well as a pain-med induced haze) but that's still not a good excuse! I just wanted to apologize to Meeta, my partner and all the rest of the participants for my tardiness in meeting my postcard duties!

After reading Ivonne's post yesterday, I freaked and made a mad dash to the closest post office after work hoping and praying I'd get there before they closed. I made it just in time, but only to find that they had THREE whole postcards and NONE of them were city related. Ugh. So I bought one that I'm less than pleased about, just in case I can't find anything today. Nice lil postman dude suggested local pharmacies or dollar stores. So on my way home from said post office I called a couple pharmacies to see if they carried them, figuring I'd stop on my way home.. Nada. No one carries freaking postcards! Who the hell knew?? So I'm on a mission today in search of a decent Cleveland related postcard that my partner will Ohhh and Awww over when she receives it. I'm such a dork! Leave it to me to be completely postcard-less two days after I should have sent it!

Again, my apologies! Either way.. tonight a post card will be sent and a blog will be posted by tomorrow morning.

Let's all sing together.. "Lisa's a dork! Lisa's a dork! Lisa is a ginormous dooorrrrkk! Lisa's a dork!"

Labels:

Comments on "Blogger Postcards from the World or simply: EEK!"

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (8/03/2006 2:57 PM) : 

Hope you are feeling better Lis. I apologize in advance for this one:

A very flat-chested woman finally decided she needed a bra and set out to the mall in search of one in her size. She entered an upscale department store and approached the saleslady in lingerie, "Do you have a size 28AAAA bra?" The clerk haughtily replied in the negative, so she left the store and proceeded to another department store where she is rebuffed in much the same manner. After a third try at another department store in the mall, she had become disgusted. Leaving the mall, she drove to K-Mart. Marching up to the sales clerk, she unbuttoned and threw open her blouse, yelling, "Do you have anything for this?" The lady looked closely at her and replied, "Have you tried Clearasil?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/03/2006 4:49 PM) : 

Lis,

You're not a dork! What you are is sweet and funny!

:o)

 

post a comment