Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Blog of the Week December 10, 2006

My new salute to a favorite blogger of mine is not so much to turn you on to her blog, as she's already got quite a following and you've probably already added her to your blogroll. But this salute is more my way of saying thanks for making me laugh and giggle so much!

Thank you, Brilynn, of Jumbo Empanadas, for bringing so much to the table. Yes, her recipes are divine. And yes, she's a very talented cook and baker - you'll be copying her recipes after one quick glance at her blog, for sure. But it's the way that she writes that keeps me coming back for more. I literally need to keep a hand clamped tightly over my mouth while reading her posts while I'm at work because huge belly laughs or shrill giggles will emit from my throat without my knowledge. There are some posts that have kept me giggling for hours after reading them, as well. Brilynn is the kind of gal that makes you want to spend time with her, even during mundane events - because you know you'll have fun.

If laughter isn't what you look for in a blog (how could you not?) then allow me to highlight some of my favorite recipes that she's shared with us. First there is Key Lime Pie Cookies. These cookies look light and airy and she promises a good punch of Key Lime tang. Yum! Not in the mood for a cookie? How about Molten Lava Chocolate Cake? Hello! I could eat these for breakfast (followed by a nap, but nevertheless!). On the prowl for something savory? Might I suggest Bri’s Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto with special guests Zucchini and Sage? Creamy, luscious and so tasty!

These are just a few terrific recipes, I didn't even highlight my favorites from August, November and December! And there are many.. but you check them out for yourselves. =) No kiddin' kids, this lil blog has it all. Delicious recipes, inspiring photos, belly busting laughs, and if that's still not enough for you - she's also a genius with Photoshop!

Enjoy =)

xoxo

Labels:

Comments on "Blog of the Week December 10, 2006"

 

Blogger Brilynn said ... (12/10/2006 10:10 AM) : 

If you're not the sweetest person ever, I don't know who is! Thank you so much for your kind words, it makes me very happy that you're enjoying my blog, and I assure you, I enjoy reading yours just as much! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/10/2006 10:45 AM) : 

She always makes me giggle too! Good blog to highlight!

 

Blogger Gattina Cheung said ... (12/11/2006 2:38 PM) : 

Oh yeah... when I read about her santa with nipple's belt I felt right on the floor! But one thing for sure draws you two together - you both are great cook/baker!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (12/11/2006 11:01 PM) : 

Brilynn - aww shucks.. there are plenty sweeter out there, for sure. ;) And thanks! That means a lot to me too! I really do though.. enjoy your blog - you, my friend, truly crack my shite up! :D

Peabody - thanks!

Gattina - har! Me too.. loved the nipple belt. And thanks! Coming from you, that's a great compliment! =)

 

post a comment