Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gah

Hi kids...

Unfortunately, for the first time in Daring Baker history, I did not rise to the challenge as planned. Remember the sickness of last month that caused me to finish my Yule Log late? Well, it got worse.. full blown pneumonia worse. I've been fighting it for well over 3 weeks now, and just got home earlier this week after a 5 day stay in the hospital because of it.

I am feeling much better but not enough to get me arse in the kitchen yet. I am so very sorry. :( I hope our lovely hostesses, Karen of Bake My Day! and Zorra of 1x umrühren bitte, do not take my absence from January's Tuiles challenge the wrong way.. this has nothing to do with the challenge recipe, I was really looking forward to making Tuiles (and I will still make them one day!), I loved the recipes given and the creativity we were allowed.. but my lungs are just being rude and they won't cooperate just yet. :(

I hope ya'll will forgive me this month. Keep clickin' on that blogroll.. there are 1000's of amazing bakers who did get their challenge done just waiting for you to stop by to see! :)

xoxo

Labels:

Comments on "Gah"

 

Blogger Jennywenny said ... (1/29/2009 11:33 PM) : 

Um yeah, that sounds like a pretty valid reason. Golly gosh! Get well soon.

Looking forward to hearing more when you're better.

 

Blogger Deeba PAB said ... (1/29/2009 11:44 PM) : 

Aw you poor thing. Hope you feel better soon. Take care!

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (1/30/2009 12:23 AM) : 

Pneumonia sure does stink. I hope that you feel better soon!

 

Blogger Snooky doodle said ... (1/30/2009 2:44 AM) : 

I m sorry for you hope you ll feel better soon and eager to see your new creations :)

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (1/30/2009 7:34 AM) : 

Forgiveness is not needed when pneumonia takes you over. We'd rather have a healthy you over tuiles, any day.
Hugs!

 

Blogger marilu perez said ... (1/30/2009 7:44 AM) : 

Oh!
I hope you are feeling better.
Take care!

 

Blogger Jen Yu said ... (1/30/2009 10:06 AM) : 

Oh my goodness, Lis. Rest up and take care of your beautiful self first. Tuiles can wait and so can we. Get well soon, my dear. *extra hugs*

 

Blogger Caribbean Dreamer said ... (1/30/2009 2:40 PM) : 

Feel better Lis! You've still got some honeymoonin' to do!!!

 

Blogger Mary said ... (1/30/2009 3:50 PM) : 

I hope you feel better soon!

(I didn't make them either. I'm having some issues of my own, but I'm not sure how bad they are yet.)

 

Blogger Dragana said ... (1/30/2009 3:53 PM) : 

I was wondering why you were so quiet! Hope they treated you well in the hospital and you feel much better. Tuiles can wait - but definitely give them a try. All the best!

 

Blogger Cynthia said ... (1/30/2009 5:42 PM) : 

Sorry to hear that you were not well. Get better soon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/30/2009 6:20 PM) : 

Hey there Mrs P, perhaps this DB can help ya out with your Tuiles when you are 100% http://hollywoodcrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/david-beckham-bottled-water-01.jpg

KKHH
J

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/30/2009 6:46 PM) : 

Oh well thats no fun, the link doesnt work, you will just have to copy and paste it seems. But I think it will put a smile on your face.

 

Blogger TeaLady said ... (1/30/2009 10:16 PM) : 

Great way to start the year -- NOT!!! Get better.

 

Blogger Elle said ... (1/31/2009 1:00 AM) : 

Don't worry about the tuiles or the DBs...just get better soon!!

 

Blogger Andreas said ... (1/31/2009 8:01 AM) : 

Sorry to hear you are ill.
I hope you get well soon. Then you can use the tuiles to tile your path of recovery. ;)

 

Blogger Kalyn Denny said ... (1/31/2009 9:01 AM) : 

In the hospital! That's awful. So glad to hear you are back home and doing better.

 

Blogger DoniLynn said ... (1/31/2009 12:07 PM) : 

I hope you get feeling better soon! Pneumonia can take quite a wile for recovery - so don't push yourself.

HUGS
Doni

 

Blogger Tracy said ... (1/31/2009 10:10 PM) : 

I hope you feel better soon! I remember getting pneumonia a few years back and it kicked me in the ass.

 

Blogger Chris said ... (2/01/2009 9:26 AM) : 

Are you resting? hmmmm? staying out of the kitchen, truly?
FYI - I linked to you over on my blog...for an award. ;)

 

Blogger Faery said ... (2/01/2009 7:36 PM) : 

Oh Lisa I am so sorry to hear that and I hope you get well soon Take care
mmm you need a neighbor like me, to make you my magic chicken soup
Hugs

 

Blogger Karen Baking Soda said ... (2/02/2009 6:03 AM) : 

Yikes! Not good at all Lis, take care and take it easy.
Scorching your fingerprints off with tuiles is not the way to recovery! Hugs!

 

Blogger ashley said ... (2/02/2009 10:44 PM) : 

hope you feel better soon!

 

Blogger Peabody said ... (2/04/2009 2:43 AM) : 

Sorry my dear. I have it for 6 weeks last year so I know how much it sucks. Hang in there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/04/2009 10:06 AM) : 

Great foodie blog!

We'd love for you to join our recipe card swap!

http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/30141

Share your favorite recipes and get some new ones to try! Check it out! Tell your friends!

 

Blogger Marce said ... (2/04/2009 12:45 PM) : 

oh my god, Lis, this just goes to show you how out of it all I am. I hope you feel better soon, sweetie, take care of yourself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/05/2009 8:09 PM) : 

Lis, I'm so sorry for the delay in telling you that I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but thank god you're ok now! Hmmm...there seems to be some weird plague affecting 'Lisa's' the past few months. I know three other 'Lisa's' who were either sick or injured in some way *waving smoking sage around your blog* :P

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2/08/2009 1:08 AM) : 

... well written people, I enjoy a good, interesting blog!

 

Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said ... (2/08/2009 4:26 PM) : 

Oh golly! I've been sick myself but thankfully it has taken me to the hospital. I hope you are 100% soon!

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (2/10/2009 9:46 PM) : 

Baking Schmaking. Feel better and take care of yourself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/11/2009 1:43 AM) : 

So beautiful blog, I like it very much.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (2/11/2009 11:18 PM) : 

I hope you have recovered Lis.

 

Blogger soozzie said ... (2/13/2009 4:13 PM) : 

I've had pneumonia twice and found the secret to recovery. When you are having that exhausted feeling, just stop. Rest. Don't do anything more that day. Then when you are fresh, take a walk or do some exercise and push yourself a little bit, but as soon as you feel tired, stop. Even if it is only 2 minutes. Do not pace yourself, that leads to failure and relapse. Just stop. The next day you will be able to do 3. That's the only way to recover. And you will!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (2/13/2009 7:47 PM) : 

Thanks everyone! I am feeling much better.. go for my 1 month post pneumonia-kaka-bad-juju CT Scan next week and I am confident there will be nothing to see. :D

And thanks for the advice, Soozzie! How long did it take you to get over the exhaustion? That's about the only thing that still lingers.. although it is getting better and I can do more and more each day - just want to go back to my old self. :D

Hugs!
xoxoxoxxo

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (2/22/2009 2:08 PM) : 

It's me again! I paased this award to you because I think you're extremly cool maaaan ;D

http://lisamichele.wordpress.com/2009/02/22/black-sesame-lace-cookies-or-candy-and-an-award/

 

post a comment