Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Wanna Go To NYC For A Few Days?

I've been meaning to do this FOREVER and thanks to a cup of espresso with a second shot of espresso in espresso flavor, I have the wits about me this morning to let all of my 4 readers, and anyone who mistakenly happens by, that The Daring Kitchen is co-hosting a most excellent cake decorating challenge!

You've got until midnight of November 9, 2009 (eastern standard time) to decorate a 9" cake in whatever Autumn means to you. You can use any shape of cake, as long as it's 9 inches. You CANNOT sculpt or add additional size cakes. You CAN slice layers and fill them to get more height. All decorations MUST BE EDIBLE.

For full details check out the announcement on the Daring Kitchen. Once you've made your cake, to submit it you must go to our public forum entitled "Daring-NYCC Cake Competition" and upload a photo of your naked cake, a photo of the decorating process mid-through, and finally a photo of your finished cake with a brief description about how you went about making it.

I know I've wait way too long to let readers here know, and I do apologize.. but there are still 4 more days to enter, so get decorating kids!!! :)

xoxo

Labels: ,

Comments on "Wanna Go To NYC For A Few Days?"

 

Blogger Jennywenny said ... (11/05/2009 12:59 PM) : 

I've got mine done, nowhere near as fancy as I'd like, but its done and I'll post it tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder!!

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (11/05/2009 11:26 PM) : 

I would enter, if I could (don't think I'm eligible)! Great contest by the way =D.

 

Anonymous kellypea said ... (11/14/2009 2:17 AM) : 

I haven't cooked in so long I think I forgot how to turn on my oven. Sucks, yanno? Sounds like quite a bit of fun. Hope lots of people turn in great cakes ; )

 

post a comment